✔ add contacts
✔ OMEMO with attachments
✔ OMEMO in MUC
✔ OMEMO with attachment in MUC
✔ OMEMO works out of the Box with unknown contacts
✖ still need to enable OMEMO for MUC in settings
✖ can not create MUCs itself, only join
I'm using bowsers always in #private #mode. So if I've to restart it, of course all cached keys are gone and the messages from beforehand no more can decrypted.
So, a web browser based xmpp omemo chat can
IMHO only be a temporarily use case?
1) there is a growing network of people working on a #public federated chat network based on XMPP. There has been a lot of activity in the space in recent years. This activity is partly due to the development sprints, many of which last year have been organized by @pep
2) a bunch of new (and existing) clients continue working on usability (cross platform, consistent UIs, support for mobile, end-to-end encryption). Particularly web clients such as ConverseJS by @jcbrand are promising.
3) A directory to search public discussion channels exists: https://search.jabbercat.org/rooms/1
4) Ongoing experimentation with what can be built on top of XMPP as a federated protocol by for example @Goffi
5) Conversations for Android has secured funding to implement a Voice / Video calls!
Nicht verkehrt, wenn zwischen dem geistlichen und dem geistigen eine Spanne Zeit liegt :)
Dachte, das fehlte Dir gestern noch ;-)
Re: Linux - bald zumindest.
social.bau-ha.us is your friendly neighbourhood Mastodon instance!
Proudly presented by Maschinenraum Weimar .
This is a small instance with a focus on community. Feel free to join, but please be aware that there are some rules (in short: don't be a bunghole. Check the link for our definition of "being a bunghole".).
Primary languages are German and English.
Be excellent to each other! (J.W.v.Goethe, 1932) [[Citation needed]]